"Observations on the Cor Solo" with Prof. Arnold Myers (University of Edinburgh) Historic Brass Society Conference (July 2017, New York University/Metropolitan Museum).
"The revisionist history of fourth horn solo from Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony" Historic Brass Society Conference (July 2017, New York University/Metropolitan Museum).
"The Celebrated Distin Family," Music in Nineteenth-Century Britain Conference (June 2017, University of Birmingham).
“ ‘Another voice that sings’: Technical musical and philosophical challenges for the voice and the natural/unnatural horn”. Vocality/Instrumentality Conference (January 2017, University of Huddersfield).
“ ‘Yet on the other hand...’: varied early 19th century approaches to natural horn hand technique” History, Analysis, Pedagogy – Music Analysis Conference (July 2016, University of Nottingham).
“ Gallay – Cor naturel par conviction,” Romantic Brass Symposium Cor Chaussier (October 2013, Hochschule der Künste, Bern, Switzerland).
Guest speaker for the Royal College of Music on Brahms and the horn as part of their Grove Forum series “Performers in Focus," 2010.
- "Developments in Instrument Design" in Hamilton, K. and Loges, N. (eds) Johannes Brahms in Context (Cambridge University Press, forthcoming).
- "Jacques-François Gallay – Playing on the edge." In Allenbach, D. (ed.), Romantic Brass. Französische Hornpraxis und historisch informierter Blechblasinstrumentenbau. (Edition Argus, 2016).
- "Berlioz and the Horn." The Horn Player Magazine (publication of the British Horn Society) Sept, 2015, pp. 22–27.
- "'Measures to wynde the Horne’- early notational issues for the hunting-horn." The Consort: Journal of the Dolmetsch Foundation. Vol. 69, 2013, pp 20–39.
- "Brahms and the Orchestral Horn: A Study in Inauthentic Performance." Historic Brass Society Journal, Vol 23, 2011, pp. 119– 133.
Click here to read. (NB - "Brahms and the orchestral horn" has recently been translated into Dutch by Sjoerd Visser and published in the July 2014 issue of the Nederlands Hoornisten Genootschap magazine)
- Catalogue - Jacques-François Gallay, Sommaires de La Revue du Corniste (publication of the Association Française du Cor). Vol 101, 2011, pp. 28–33.
- Sleeve notes
"Franz Danzi: chamber music for piano and winds, vol. II" ensembleF2 (Devine Music, 2015).
"Franz Danzi: chamber music for piano and winds, vol. I," ensembleF2 (Devine Music, 2014).